Set your arms on fire with this simple little circuit incorporating weights and body weight exercises. Don’t be scared of the weights element – there is nothing heavy here – it is all about the repetition.
10, 20, 30
- Shoulder Press ( 10 Kgs )
- Hand Release Push Ups
- Bicep Curls ( 10 Kgs )
- Triceps Dips
Simply work your way up with the repetitions in this workout. I.e. do ten of each exercise from 1 – 4, then 20 of each, then 30 of each. Monitor your time!
Aim for under 15 minutes with a goal of under 10. Keep track of your time from workout to workout. If you are getting too quick then you can always increase the weights.
- Keep elbows in close to your ribs at all times when doing your dips curls and push ups.
- Sore shoulders? Try an upright row – ask one of the Mingara One Fitness crew on the floor who can take you through an upright row…this is a great alternative to the shoulder press.
- Tricep dips can be done off a bench in the gym.
Mix it up
- Hit the parallel bars to take your tricep dips to the next level.
- Change the weight when it is all getting too easy.
- Swap the dips out for a tricep pull down (at one of the weights stations – the handle with the rope).
Would you love more workout inspiration? Ryan has a whole series of quick workouts to get the body moving – visit Ryan’s page at Mingara One Fitness to stay up to date with his latest workout hints, tips and inspiration.