It takes a great team full of great people to make Mingara Recreation Club come to life! From the front of house to behind the scenes – it takes a great crew to keep us up and running.
Meet the team
Many people may not recognise Courtney but she is the real MVP of Indigo. Our resident kitchen hand/ cook, Courtney, makes sure the chefs have clean equipment for food preparation, plenty of plates to serve our delicious Indigo – Eats, Treats & Bar meals on during service, jumping in to the kitchen to lend a hand when its busy and then she stays back after everyone else has finished making sure the kitchen is back to working order for the next day! It’s a tough gig and we are lucky to have her in our team!!!!!
More about Courtney
1) What was your first job in hospitality?
Kitchen hand at Matthew John Nursing Home, I was 19 years old.
2) Favourite dish to cook at home?
Black Bean Tortas with Coconut Chipotle Mayo (sounds delish – we found this recipe – click here!)
3) Favourite dish on our Indigo – Eats, Treats & Bar menu?
Sweet Potato Gnocchi! It is served with basil pesto cream sauce and semi-dried tomato.
4) Who is your favourite celebrity chef?
5) What do you like to do on your days off?
Spend time with my dog at the beach and listening to music.
6) Complete the sentence.
When i was 5 years old i was pretty sure i’d be a veterinarian when i grew up.
7) Cat or dog person?
Crazy cat lady! I do love dogs though
8) What is one thing everyone should know how to cook?
9) Do you prefer entree or dessert or both?
10) Favourite cuisine?
11) If you had to choose one meal to eat for the rest of your life what would it be?
Basil Pesto Pasta
12) What are you obsessive compulsive about in the kitchen?
Scrubbing the wash area walls
13) What do you love about Indigo – Eats, Treats & Bar?
The family bond we all share, love my Indigo team.