- Sports and Recreation Certificate 111
- Hospitality in Supervision Certificate IV
- Workplace Training and Assessors
- Austswims- Teacher of Water Safety
- Teacher of Preschool and Infants
- Teacher of Access and Inclusions
- Swim Australia- Teacher of Water Safety
- Teaching swimming for ages 6 months through to Transition Squad Levels
- Team Leader
- 10 years of service with Mingara Recreation Club
What do you love about Learn to Swim?
Teaching all ages to swim is such a rewarding experience. To see the smile on your students faces is priceless. It is a lifeskill. I remember teaching an adult student to swim who was terrified of the water, and after 5 years returned to find me and thank me for teaching her as she was able to swim at the Great Barrier Reef with her husband. It has been so gratifying to know that I have taught children who have fallen into the pool, fully clothed without any adult close by, and for them to swim back out of the pool and climb out and save themselves.
A tip for your first lesson
Be sure to arrive early to the class. This way the child does not feel rushed and can enjoy their lesson.
Favourite place to swim?
There are so many places but at the moment, I love North Avoca Beach.