- Surf Rescue Certificate (CPR Endorsed).
- Cert II Public Safety (Aquatic) (SLSA Bronze Medallion).
- Duke of Edinburgh – Bronze Journey.
- Cert II – Children Services – TVET Course at Ourimbah Tafe.
- ascta Swim Australia Teacher – Teacher ID:11328
- Cert III & Diploma in Early Education and Care
- First Aid Certificate (Asthma and Anaphylaxis)
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
I have been working with children since a young age, beginning with babysitting and moving through to becoming a certified Early Childhood Educator. I have aged managed the under 6’s at Toowoon Bay Surf Life Saving Club since 2009, I have coached, played and umpired netball teams and I also went to America and worked at a Summer Camp life guarding at the pool and teaching canoeing classes.
What do you love about Learn to Swim?
Kids allow me to access my silly, imaginative, and energetic side. I love the playful honesty that kids have, as well as, how curious they are about everything. I love knowing that I can make an impact on a child’s life and teach them valuable life skills.
Share a tip for parents bringing kids to Learn to Swim for the first time
Help your child get used to being in water especially if they are younger. The best way of doing this is in the bath. Sing songs that they know and play games with floating toys which will help to put them at ease and make the idea of being in water fun.
Favourite place to swim on the Central Coast?
Toowoon Bay Beach