Mingara Regional Athletics Centre is a world-class facility attracting approximately 6,000 casual visitors per month including the public, local schools and sporting groups, and is the home to the Central Coast Academy of Sport, Tuggerah Lakes Mingara Little Athletics Club, Mingara Athletics Club and Berkeley Vale Soccer Club Seniors.
“With the support of our community, Mingara has worked tirelessly to provide the Central Coast with the very best in sporting facilities. We are excited to be able to jointly fund and provide this development
Since opening in 2000, the need for seating and shading has been raised and we are delighted with the great support we have received in bringing this initiative to life.” Sarah Ferman, Sports and Community Manager – Mingara Recreation Club.
About our funding
The Federal Government, Community Development Grants Program, delivered by the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development has provided joint funding for the development of the outdoor seating and shading area on the western side of the facility and refurbishment to amenities at Mingara Aquatics to the value of $500,000.
In addition, Mingara Recreation Club will invest $464,554 towards the building project. Local State Member of Parliament, David Meehan has provided an additional $100,000 funding from the Community Building Partnership towards the seating and shading project at Mingara Regional Athletics Centre.
“This is a great contribution from both the Federal and State Governments to the people of the Central Coast. Whilst all ages will appreciate this significant contribution, local children will mostly benefit from the new seating and shading area, as well as the revamped Mingara Aquatics amenities. On behalf of everyone on the Central Coast, we thank you for this generous contribution.” Paul Barnett, Chief Executive Officer – Mingara Leisure Group.
Track construction timeline
Site preparation work for the outdoor seating and shading will commence from Monday 10 April 2017, with construction from Monday 17 April to Friday 18 August 2017, weather permitting.
Whilst there will be some interruptions to Mingara Regional Athletics Centre during the construction of the outdoor seating and shading project, all efforts have been made to minimise the impact on schools and other user groups during this period. You can view all user information here.
- The western spectator area will be a restricted zone during the construction period with alternative spectator areas provided.
- User groups will be provided with the option to use the eastern side of the track for 100-metre sprint races or can continue to use the western side.
- There will be minor changes to the car park as well as pedestrian access to Mingara Regional Athletics Centre, to ensure construction and user groups are safely catered for.
What hasn’t changed
- There will be no interruption to the use of the kiosk, BBQ area or change rooms during construction.
- The use of the synthetic athletic track, grassed infield and associated equipment including discus cage and long jump pit are fully available for use during the construction period.
- Entry and exit areas to the facility are unchanged.
- There is no change to the access for bus and coaches, with drop off points adjacent to the facility.