Peanut Butter Banana Protein Bread
This recipe pretty much ticks all the boxes of things I love – a sweet treat, delicious peanut butter and extra protein!
With no added sugar, the sweetness comes from the ripe bananas – it will hit that sweet tooth craving without too much damage. As you can imagine the peanut butter, greek yoghurt (no sugar) and bananas make for a tasty and moist end result. Looking for dairy free? You could experiment with coconut yoghurt? I am yet to try it – so let me know how it goes. If you have gluten-free oats you could use those too to make this GF!
This is a no fuss – one bowl recipe – no electric mixers required!
100g vanilla protein powder – your choice.
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt (I use Himalayan)
3 medium very ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
3 large egg whites
1 whole egg
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (Mayver’s is a great one you can grab from the shops – thermomix lovers could make their own!)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add in mashed bananas and rest of ingredients and mix together (do not overmix mixture to avoid consistency becoming less tender)
- Line a tin with baking paper and then pour mixture in
- Bake for 40-50 minutes on 180 degrees
- Test if ready by inserting a knife through the centre and if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then serve and enjoy!
I enjoy mine drizzled with extra peanut butter and greek yoghurt on the side! But that’s just me. The challenge is not eating too much in one go!
It is definitely not an everyday item but a great snack to enjoy in moderation.
Love, Tiff x
P.S Love my recipes? Click here to see my page.