The only burger recipe you will ever need
Alright, alright who doesn’t love a burger! Let’s be honest!
We are guaranteeing you a burger that recipe that you wish you had known about years ago! It is truly so simple and delicious. This quick and easy burger recipe will make you wonder why you’d previously searched the internet for hours on end for an amazing recipe to find that it required 10 obscure ingredients that you had no hope of having in your pantry? Ingredients that you knew you’d never use again but were only available in bulk at Woolies? The leftover ingredients destined for that shelf in the pantry next to that box of cereal your kids begged you to buy (but then never ate).
Keep it simple stupid
As the old saying goes KEEP IT SIMPLE S……..!
When it comes to simplicity in the kitchen, Jess is our girl!
“If there are too many steps or ingredients in a recipe then I’m out”, says Jess. “If you’re time-poor and need to create meals at home quickly, complex recipes can be quite overwhelming”.
Change it up to suit you
Jess believes that building from a simple base is key. “Once you have base ingredients down pat, you can change up your recipe to suit your mood or appetite”.
Many of us here at Mingara One Fitness have tried Jess’ amazing burger patties and we’d love for you to whip them up too. The best thing about them is that they are suitable for all taste buds – fussy children included!
Vegan alternative included!!
Give them a go and let us know what you think!
Quick and easy burger patties (makes 6-8)
- 1-2 carrots grated
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 chopped onion
- 250g smashed chickpeas or lentils
- ½ -1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 egg* (sub with a flaxseed egg if you’re wanting a vegan alternative)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Add 1 of the following
- 250g smashed lentils
- 250g beef
- 250g chicken or turkey mince
Add 1 of the following (if desired)
- Burger seasoning
- 2tbps tandoori paste
To serve (optional)
- Mango chutney
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and hand mix. Roll mixture into 6-8 patty sized balls
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Place patties into a frying pan and squash down with a spatula. Fry for a few minutes on each side.
- Serve with any of your favourite ingredients. Also works well on a burger bun! Add your favourite burger toppings, sauces, salads for the ultimate burger experience.
Quick and Easy
Cooking should not be difficult, make it fun – this is a great one to get the kids involved with the grating and hand mixing and rolling! It is great to talk about where foods come from, different tastes when they are raw to when they are cooked. It is just great to spend some time together – away from the screens! Enjoy your next burger night at your place with this quick and easy burger recipe! It’s a great one!